It’s that time of year when the smell of mistletoe and pine fill the air. It’s also the time where all the best bargain hunters scramble around to present those nearest to them with the perfect gift.
Just in case you were wondering, us freelance writer’s aren’t terribly difficult to shop for. In fact, it’s practically a walk in the park. And I’ve been especially good all year. I’ve turned in stories on deadline and even did the extra legwork to find amazing sources so I know I deserve something good! 🙂
Not sure what to get someone like me? Just take a look at my list for some direction:
1. To have the time to write two books that I’ve had on my mind for a while
2. That all future assignments pay at least $2 a word
3. That all publications I work with pay on receipt rather than on acceptance
4. That I get a ton of client referrals so I’ll almost never have to market myself again
5. A subscription to all my favorite magazines
6. The ability to keep churning out amazing story ideas
7. To get two assignments for every pitch sent out
8. A loving, lasting relationship with all of the most fabulous editors and clients
9. The opportunity to interview a high-profile person for an article
10. Have a column syndicated
11. Have a movie created that is based on one of my stories
12. Time to travel and write about my travels
13. That a bunch of people re-tweet this post
14. Make friends with lots of other freelance writers in the area
15. To be able to retain some rights to everything I write that is published
Are you looking for something more tangible? Check out this super affordable list:
1. A waterproof note pad like this one for tracking all our brilliant ideas in the shower tub.
2. An external hard drive and time to back everything up
3. A bathtub caddy that can hold books and tablets for when you multitask in the tab. (Writers never stop reading!)
6. Noise canceling headphones to make working from home with loud kids a bit easier
7. This super durable traveler journal for the travel blogger to track milestones, flights, shopping lists and more
8. A microphone for all the youtube videos, podcasts, etc. writers have to do since we’re expected to do everything now.
9. A phone tripod because writers and bloggers sometimes have to be photographers too
Am I missing something? Hey fellow writers, what’s on your list?