Repeat after me: What I focus on becomes my future.
Remember when you made your new year resolution? You were pumped up and ready to dive in and make it happen. Chances are you would eat, sleep and breathe anything that had to do with your goal and would mention it to anyone who would listen. It felt like you were unstoppable and absolutely nothing was getting in the way of that goal.
Then things started to take a turn. You were no longer organized, going to bed without working on your goal, stopped talking about it and there were days when you don’t even give it a second thought.
The truth is, reaching your goals isn’t easy because it takes a lot of focus and a lot of discipline. Every single decision you make throughout the day can either bring you closer to your goals or take you further away from it. Don’t believe me? Here are a few examples of daily decisions that could make or break your goal depending on what it is.
- Should I go to sleep early or should I do an extra 30 crunches?
- Should I go to that bridal shower to see family or save the money to put it towards my travel fund?
- Should I indulge in my favorite fries just once or should I make sweet potato fries?
- Should I buy the pack of chicken that’s $9.85 or should I buy the one that’s $9.90?
- Should I go to that meetup or should I update my Linkedin profile?
- Should I fill up my gas tank or should I just put enough for half tank?
The list goes on and on and it can get rather exhausting. It’s not easy staying focused and disciplined 24/7, yet that’s exactly what’s necessary if you need to accomplish your goal. It’s extremely exhausting and not much fun. So it should come as no surprise why people quit or give up on their goals so often. It’s just not easy staying motivated, focused and disciplined all the time. Until now…
Yes, staying focused takes some effort, but once you figure out how to insert that reminder into your daily routine it gets much easier. Luckily, I’ve found several ways to do it. Here’s 10 Tips to Stay Motivated and Focused on your Goals all year long.