I’m sure most of you have heard some news flying around about Bon Jovi’s death. You’ve probably also heard that it was just a rumor started by one of the rocker’s biggest haters. To put everyone’s mind at ease, Job Bon Jovi decided to post a picture of himself online with a sign saying “Heaven looks a lot like Jersey,”. I must say I agree with him. I don’t care who says that Jersey is the armpit of America. This state will always be the beautiful Garden State to me. Here are 12 new reasons why New Jersey just might be the best state in America.
1. We’ve got the luxury of being close to two big cities without the hefty price tag – at least not as much as a city.
2. Easy access to some of the country’s best food, such as the cheesesteaks, pizza, empanadas, subs etc.
3. People have actually heard of the state. Be honest. When was the last time you actually thought about Wyoming or North Dakota?
4. Yea we don’t have to pump our own gas, but what’s even more important is that our gas is much cheaper than other locations.
5. We never have to travel too far for some great entertainment with several theaters and stadiums scattered across the state. Plus many popular music acts frequently travel here to perform.
6. Got the gambling bug? A trip to the Atlantic City casinos is only a car ride away.
7. We make more money. Jersey natives typically have much higher salaries in comparison to those from other states.
8. New Jersey towns often occupy most of CNN’s, Best Places to Live, list.
9. We stand a chance to run into many A-list celebrities since many of them choose to make the Garden State their home.
10. New Jersey is home to some of the best healthcare in the country.
11. Jersey natives have the opportunity to live in several environments from city areas to suburban to farm areas.
12. New Jersey is part-owner to the historical Ellis Island.